GARY PANTER








Why do you draw?
GP: I have been drawing all my life. I draw because I am pretty good at it and pretty bad at math and a slow typer,  AND to get attention.  Given those true elements, drawing reveals itself to be a spiritual quest and an expedient method of self and cultural investigation over time.
What does drawing mean to you?
GP: I love to draw. My identity is based on drawing and making various kinds of art. Drawing is the core activity for all my art activities. I am not the best drawer, but I am only competing with myself, so I don’t worry about it. I draw well enough to get the exact drawings out that I aspire to make.
What is your favorite thing to draw with?
GP: I like to draw with #2 pencils, #1 rapidographs, old fashioned dip nips, with a very stubby brush, or with a #2 sable brush and Pelican tusche black ink.
What is your favorite thing to draw on?
GP: Sketchbooks or single sheets of Strathmore 3 ply kid finish paper.
This video reminds me of that chalkboard room at The Aldrich I mentioned earlier. Look at the ease with which Gary Panter draws…It’s great!


Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés